Updated 1/3/2020 – Finalized review based on final release stats.
Updated 20/5/2020 – Based on the nerf:
- Mana generation for all enemies decreased from -34% for 3 turns to -24% for 2 turns.
- HP inherited by Minions reduced from 18% to 13%.
- HP regenerated reduced from 411 over 3 turns to 306 over 2 turns.
Telluria – March 2020 HOTM
New hero image will be uploaded later.
Attack 613 | Defense 832 | HP 1425
Resist: : Resist Minion Removal – The Hero has an innate ability to resist Minion Removal.
Special: Force of Forest
Mana Speed : Average (10 tiles)
- Deals 130% damage to all enemies.
- Summons a Forest Familiar Minion for all allies with 13% HP and 13% attack inherited from the caster.
- All allies regenerate 306 HP over 2 turns.
- All enemies get -24% mana generation for 2 turns.
- Element Link gives all Nature allies +10% critical chance for 6 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.
Telluria Hero Review:
In terms of healing, the closest hero that comes to Telluria is Delilah. Delilah’s Special, Summon Temple Guardians is average speed, Recovers 33% health for all allies & Summon a temple Guardian for each ally with 13% hp and 16% attack inherited from the caster.
A typical 5 star hero has a health range of 1100hp to 1500 hp. This allows Delilah to heal for about 363hp to 500hp instantly, with another 13% hp from the minion.
In comparison, Telluria heals for a similar amount as a Heal over Time (HoT) instead, with a beefier minion (since Telluria has more health as compared to Delilah)
Additionally, Telluria deals damage and has a mana generation debuff on the enemies.
Telluria in Offense
In Offensive Raids, Telluria does not seem to have a strong fit – her special makes her an average healer, mediocre support and mediocre damage dealer.
A Jack of all trades but master of none.
That being said, Telluria will still be helping you to win raid battles in your team – her role mainly to slow your opponents down while you charge up the rest of your team to fire your specials.
Telluria will fit quite well in a 4-1 or 3-1-1 formation. Telluria should be able to buy quite a bit of time for your main heroes if the starting board was not in your favour.
Telluria in Defense
Telluria’s stats make him extremely suitable for the Tank role. Combined with her healing and mana generation reduction, it makes it extremely annoying for opponents to deal with him.
Ideally, Telluria’s Heal over Time and Mana reduction should buy your other heroes enough time to charge up your specials. However, the lack of any defence increment, or attack reduction make Telluria vulnerable to tile damage. Successive activation of Telluria’s specials only cause the Heal over Time to refresh it’s duration.
In comparison against the most popular tank at the moment, Kunchen, I personally still think that Kunchen would edge out Telluria as the number 1 tank. This is because of the following.
- Kunchen provides an immediate heal of 42% to all allies
- Kunchen’s elemental link provides +46% defense against Holy
- Kunchen’s Defense reduction make your opponent’s team easy picking for your snipers.
- Kunchen has Defense reduction resistance
- Kunchen’s Talent Grid has resistance against mana control effects, as compared to increase defense for the Paladin Talent.
Telluria is definitely a top tier tank, just not the best.
Telluria against Titans
Telluria definitely not a strong consideration to bring to a titan fight.
She does not have tile damage, nor synergistic specials.
The only upside that Telluria has for Titans is her Critical Chance buff to the rest of your allies.
Telluria after Nerf
Telluria still fulfills her role as Tank very well even after the nerf.
Definitely still an A+ tank. Works together with Vela and Gravemaker very well still. Will definitely see a reduction in successful defenses, but nonetheless, still one of the most effective defense out there at the moment.
At least Telluria is not the ONLY choice for tank now.
Telluria Hero Grade/Rating
Offence – B
Defence Wing – C
Defence Flank – B
Defence Tank – A+
Titan – B
Tournaments Bloody Battle – C
Tournaments Rush Attack – A+
Tournaments Buff Booster – A
*No changes to overall grading.